Assuring maximum results for your
IASTA is dedicated to helping sourcing teams and stakeholders embrace the philosophies of strategic sourcing and making sure it sticks.
The Jump Start program helps drive adoption of your IASTA solution throughout your organization through a mix of user support training, subdomain housekeeping, coaching, and development / leveraging of templates. IASTA uses the Four I System approach to build a customized program of services and offerings with "high-touch" or "low-touch" options that support the current & future needs of your organization.
Although IASTA software is designed to be easy-to-use, it comes fully loaded with powerful functionality. Therefore, IASTA offers a support-based user training program to ensure that companies garner maximum results from IASTA's eSourcing platforms. Our effective training program demonstrates how users can navigate through IASTA's software and apply it to their projects. IASTA's training program also provides beneficial context for users, advising them when and how to use specific features to make their eSourcing projects successful. When users are comfortable with the software, they use it more frequently and deliver more value.
IASTA offers multiple training options. Companies can choose from a standard menu of training topics, or request IASTA to develop a custom training program unique to their organization.
IASTA User Training Programs
- Online Tutorials – Provide basic, just-in-time training for users with various levels of experience.
- Webinar Training – Designed to quickly provide the user community a high-level overview of IASTA's software. IASTA shows users how to navigate the software and access key features and functionality. Webinars are led by an experienced IASTA Sourcing Professional.
- Classroom Training – Designed to train the user community how to best use IASTA's software. IASTA provides instructions on features and functionality. Training sessions include instructor delivered lectures and hands-on navigation and project building segments. Users can bring customer-specific project information to use during classroom training sessions.
- Best Practices Training – In addition to our Product Training, IASTA also offers best practices training which helps ensure that companies are maximizing the benefits associated with IASTA software.
* All training qualifies for the Institute of Supply Management's (ISM) A.P.P, C.P.M and/or CPSM continuing education requirements (CEHs).